Sunday, January 24, 2010

New Love Of My Life


His name is Stanley, or as I like to refer to him Stan the Man. He thinks I am the most wonderful thing in his world. I think of him or I say his name and I smile. He is madly in love with me and I with him. He sleeps snuggled up with me every night and if I've been gone during the day, he can't wait until I sit down so he can jump up in my lap. I can't wait to get home from work because I know that at least Stanley will be ecstatic to see me. Did we know each other in a previous life? Who knows.
All I know is that his small presence makes me feel so much better. Holding his little body next to my face, listening to his purr, feeling his face rub against mine just makes the blues go away. I do have a number of other cats and I love all of them. In fact, I have Stanley's sister, Iris, too. But there is just something special about Stanley. It's a different kind of bond.
Stanley, Iris and the other 3 kittens in their litter were found orphaned and were rescued by a woman who heard their crying. We took them in and they all found homes. Well, I took Stanley and Iris, Madonna took two of them and the other one went to a wonderful home in Sturgis. So, lately when I've been so sad about the recent events involving the Horse Help Providers, Inc. organization (read previous post), Stanley has lifted my spirits. I hold him close and we stare at each other and I am reminded that not all humans are bad. I fight back the tears, tell him how much I love him and am so very thankful that he will never know a single day of inhumane treatment. I am so lucky to have you Stanley.

No comments: