Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bits 'n Pieces

I thought this might be a good time to post little bits of information that I've been storing in the back of my mind. I'm afraid I may forget to mention them if I wait much longer.

First, the man found guilty of inhumane treatment in the Saint Nick case is scheduled to be sentenced on Dec. 21 at 10:30 in the morning in Sioux Falls. I'll post an entry as soon as I hear the outcome there. If you haven't read the story about Saint Nick you will find it on the Journal page of the Wildlife Rescue section of the website.

Second, the crows that were hanging around the 3 weeks prior to the death of my dog, Abby, have not been around since she died. (Read previous posts and the story about Traveler the crow on the website) Isn't it interesting?

The cardinal is still here everyday. I guess he has decided this isn't a bad place to spend the winter. His red is even brighter now. If I am able to get a good picture of him I'll post it in another entry.

I had an e-mail a while back from the conservation officer who helped me release the fawns (two mule deer and one white tail) in Sept. of 2006. He had been up in the area where we released them and happened to see 3 young deer hanging out together--two mule deer and one white tail. It was too far away for him to be able to tell if they were bucks or does or even if they had small spike antlers. The chances of it being those three fawns are very slim. But what if?